Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Panic - Fever and Ear Infection

Muimui is sitting here in the car with a smile.  She doesn't look sick at all...  but it was a different story just 12 hours ago.  

She was up all night long, waking every 30 minutes, tossing and turning, sitting up, complaining that her ear hurts constantly.  By morning, she was churning a 38.9 deg fever.  Although she'd been coughing for a few days now, I was hoping she'd get over it quickly...since we leave for our trip in 3 days.  Yup, 3 days!  I'm almost crapping my pants, just thinking about skipping the trip.  

Anyways, having that Mommy's intuition, I had a feeling she has an ear infection.  I took her into the docs office after work and in less than 5 minutes, the diagnosis was made.  She has an ear infection.  Of course, I panic anyways, asking the doc if she can fly since we are going on a trip this weekend and we paid for everything already and there are no refunds...  The doc goes and says:  No problem.  

Yay!  So off we go to pick up the prescription for antibiotics and that was it.   

No comments: