Thursday, May 21, 2015

Disney DIY Shirts - Part 4 - Buttons

I've always wanted autographs of Disney characters and this upcoming trip will be the perfect opportunity for the girls to get them.  I considered doing a character meal so that we don't have to line up to see the characters, but it's quite expensive.  It'll cost around $50US/adult and $25/child.  Will it be worth it?  Or should we line up at the Greet and Meets?  Hmmmm.  Still deciding.

Now, what will the girls use to get the autographs?  A book?  Photos?  Pillow case?  T-shirt?  I recently saw a shirt where someone used buttons in the shape of Mickey’s head for the design.  Now, isn’t that a neat idea?  So I decided to do something similar:

I searched for a Mickey head outline and cut it out.  Then I bought buttons in different sizes and colors.  I organized the buttons into the Mickey head shape and put it aside.  I then glued the buttons onto the shirt.  I had to glue the buttons on in order for me to sew each button onto the shirt, or else the buttons will fly all over the place.  It took around 1.5 hours for each shirt.

My plan is to carry these white shirts in my backpack the first few days we are in the park and get the characters to autograph them when we see them.  Not sure how many signatures we'll get but we will see.  Will update later.

No comments: