Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Disney DIY Shirts - Part 2 - Fabric Paint


We've been working on our second set of Disney DIY shirts and this time, we used Tulip fabric paint.  We got some silver metallic paint and glow in the dark puffy paint.  The t-shirts were $3 each at Michaels.

I asked the girls to each choose a character for their shirts and I got to work on the freezer paper templates. I found a big roll of freezer paper at No Frill for $4.95.  I searched for an outline of the character, traced it onto the freezer paper and cut the outline out.  Then I ironed the shirts, ironed the freezer paper onto the shirts and pulled off the areas where I want paint to fill (I wanted a crisp edge so I ironed the freezer paper on like 5 times, just to be sure).  The girls wanted to help so they painted their own shirts! Look at how much fun they are having...



For little Daidai, the smallest t-shirt size was youth small and it was way too big for him so I did his on a blue onsie instead.  He loves dogs so I thought of the perfect character for his shirt.  Since Yee yee and Go Go are also going to Disneyland the same week we are going, we made a couple of shirts for them too.  Can you guess what all of these characters are?


No comments: