Sunday, May 10, 2015

Disney DIY Shirts - Part 1 - Iron On Applique

In preparation for our Disneyland trip at the end of the month, I wanted the kiddies to wear Disney shirts each day we are at the park.  I considered buying the shirts but they were pricey ($20 each) so I thought making the shirts would be more fun and economical.


There's so many methods for these DIY shirts but I needed the first ones to be the easiest.  So I chose iron-on appliques.  I bought these Mickey/Minnie iron-on appliques on Aliexpress for $2 each and the t-shirts were on sale at Michaels for $3 each.  Once the appliques arrived in the mail, I just ironed them onto the shirt.  How easy is that?  But of course, I think they will fall off while I'm wearing them so I hand sewed these appliques onto the shirt, just for security.  It took around 30 minutes to sew them (5 shirts took around 3 hours).  Total cost - $27 for 5 shirts.  Not bad.

PS - Daidai will not be joining us this trip but I'm sure he will love wearing his Disney shirts.

1 comment:

WT said...

What an awesome idea, if you told me before I went I would of done so too. I'm sure you all will have a blast there.