Friday, July 15, 2011

Peanuts - Incident #2 for Jasmine

I haven't eaten peanuts, especially cooked peanuts in quite some time. It's been maybe a few years? I can't remember. But the inlaws made some cooked peanuts this evening, along with the usual sausage, chicken, celery, carrots, broccoli. Jasmine was hanging around and wanted to have some of the yummy sausage. She actually asked me for food????? Of course I'd give her some! Without a thought, I gave her some sausage with my chop sticks.

About 15 minutes later, I noticed that Jasmine's lip was a bit swollen but I wasn't sure from what. Did she bang herself on the lip? What did she run into this time? Funny thing is, only the top part of her lip was swollen. Richard then asked me, "did you give her some food off your plate? Did it touch the peanuts?" Hmmmm. Aiya... I completely forgot about that. The swollen lip could have been a reaction to touching the peanuts. Could be I guess. She didn't get any hives, breathed fine, and she looked ok. Just the lips? What a scary thought. I guess we really have to be super duper careful about the peanuts from now onwards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy that's crazy how sensitive she is. I'll have to make note if we have a meal together with Jasmine. PS: You had some peanuts with me at BL lunch when we shared the deep fried banana. WT

leungv999 said...

Yeah, peanuts is a no-no for us. We don't ever want to see what happens if she actually ingests one of them...

Karen said...

That is scary! do you have some epi pins? My brother has to carry two because my nephew is so allergic to everything.