Monday, December 6, 2010

Pumping Milk - 3 pumps a day

I have been pumping breast milk to feed to Julia in a bottle. Now that it is December, I am preparing to go back to work. I was pumping milk 4 times a day but since I noticed that Julia is not drinking as much milk as she used to, with her being on solid food, I now pump 3 times a day starting today.

Originally, I yielded 26oz of milk when I pumped 4 times a day. Now puming 3 times a day, I am yielding around 21oz a day. Julia is drinking 18-20oz a day. In a few weeks, I hope to decrease to 2 pumps a day and start Julia on formula.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Holy moly! Time flies fast. When are you going back to work? Fulltime or parttime?

leungv999 said...

I'm returning to work full time at the end of February. Can't wait! It's weird to say it but I'm soooo looking forward to it! I'm sure you know what I mean...

Karen said...

I plan to go back parttime (10 hours/week) in jan. So I know what you mean! Not sure when in Jan, as I am waiting for my help to come back to Canada.