Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Weaning From the Pump - Decreasing sessions to 4PPD

Time really creeped up on me.  Out of the blue, I suddenly realized that I will be heading back to work in less than 4 weeks!  Doh, that's right - 4 weeks.  And I am still pumping 5 times a day with a full supply, where Josh is inhaling over 30 ounces of breast milk each day and I was storing 2 bags of milk/day.  I gotta stop!  Well, at least decrease the number of times I pump.

As of today, I'll pump only 4 times/day:  5am, 10:30am, 4:30pm and 10:30pm.  This should free up some time and allow me to hang out with poor Jasmine, whose summer school got cancelled and is stuck at home bored all day long.  I'm expecting some pain and engorgement for the first few days so this will be fun (not).  I can't imagine doing it cold turkey...

Emotionally...I'm a mess.  I actually don't want to stop.  Not quite sure why.  Maybe because I feel like Josh is so dependent on my milk still?  He's not eating alot of solids at this point. What if he doesn't drink homo milk or formula?  Then what's he going to eat?

No comments: