Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Dairy Allergy



As suspected, Josh is allergic to dairy foods.  We gave him a teensy bit of cheese one day and he got hives immediately.  I almost called 9-1-1 because he was getting all these spots on his face and it looked like it was getting worse and worse by the minute.  Luckily it went away in an hours time.

Then I tried some oatmeal cereal with blueberry and yogurt.  I totally didn't even think about the milk aspect in the cereal.  Josh ate it up so fast (must taste really good) and within a minute, his face blew up with hives once again.  I called 8-1-1 this time, the nurse's line.  They actually recommended I go to the emergency right away.  But as I cleaned him up and got ready to head out, his face started to calm down.  His hives went away after an hours time.  

So scary.  I guess I really have to watch for dairy in his foods now.  Poor Josh.  

No comments: