Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sleep 7 Hours Straight

For the first couple of months, Julia has been feeding around the clock every 2 hours or so. Lately, she's feeding more like 2.5 to 3 hours. I'm guessing her stomach is getting bigger so can hold more milk. This translates to more sleep for me at night... yay!

The past 2 nights have been special though; Julia slept 7 hours straight! Wow, now that is what I call progress. She's 9 weeks old now so it's normal for babies to sleep longer at night. I'm thankful for that. Now if only I can get her to be on some sort of wake/feed schedule during the day. We currently put her to bed anywhere from 8:30-10pm, subject to when she feels like taking that last bottle of milk before bed (alot of times, she plays with the bottle rather than drinking it because she prefers breastfeeding).

3 comments:

Karen said...

OMG! I can only hope I am as lucky as you. 7hours straight! I didn't see that with Megan until she was like 7-8 months.

leungv999 said...

I'm soooo glad the first two months have gone by. Initially things were pretty rough but it's gotten a lot better already :-)

Karen said...

So NOT looking forward to the first 6 months. Sigh