Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bottle Feeding - What was I so Worried about?

As I recall when Jasmine was an infant, we wanted her to accept the bottle from time to time, in case I have to go somewhere and someone else can feed her. When we introduced the bottle to Jasmine at 8 weeks, it was a battle with her. She didn't like the bottle at all. Apparently, we started too late.

So for Julia, we wanted to start trying with a bottle earlier, so she gets used to it. As of current, I am exclusively breastfeeding. Julia is 5 weeks and 2 days old. I gave her the bottle (with breast milk) last night and she took it just like that. She drank the entire 3oz bottle, no problems. What was I so worried about?

Richard gave me a nice break today and took care of Julia for a few hours. He fed her with the bottle and she also drank with no problems. I guess this isn't an issue for us this time around. To ensure that we don't regress, Richard will feed Julia every night with the bottle and I'll continue to breast feed her during the day.

No comments: