Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Roseola...

After a few days of misery, Jasmine's fever finally went down. But just as I thought everything is ok, while I was dressing her after her bath today, I saw that she had little pink dots all over her body! Eeeekkkkk..... The rash covered her whole torso, her neck and face.

I took her to the doc'c office and was told she has roseola which is a harmless virus. Roseola is characterized by a fever for 3-4 days and then a rash that breaks out after the fever is down. It's a way for the body to get rid of the bad bug. About 1/3 of infants between 6 months and 2 years get roseola. I guess it looks worse than it is. The rash isn't itchy and doesn't seem to bother Jasmine at all. It just looks...well...ugly. Sigh.


I hope the rash goes away in the next couple of days. She is going to a wedding on the weekend.

No comments: