Sunday, August 3, 2008

8th Month REgression - Continued

As of today, we are in week 37. It's been a week since the nightmare sleep began. This posting is just me blabbing and feeling sorry for myself.

Jasmine's scheduled bedtime is at 8pm but we've been putting her down earlier. Baby Beeps just refuses to take her naps. She rubs her eyes and yawns but wants to play when I put her down. So then I take her out to the living room to play and she starts yawning again. If I leave her in the crib, she screams and screams until exhausted and then naps for about 45 minutes. She's a tired mess by bedtime. She was sleeping thru the night but is now waking up a few times and getting up at an unGODLY hour each morning. WHEN WILL IT STOP?

I actually brought her in to bed with me a couple times this week to get some snooze (alot of people told me this is bad) but she kicks and kicks and kicks. Wouldn't you know it, she has strong legs. I had to put my arm across her legs just so she could calm down, and after 10 minutes of kicking and screaming, it worked. I got a good hour of sleep there.

And with food - Jasmine hates mushy food...she will only take chunks, which I don't like giving since she doesn't have any teeth! Oh, and she hates the spoon too. She will clamp her mouth shut or stick out her tongue or she'll open her mouth slightly and then blow on the spoon which splatters all the gunk everywhere. I just love feeding her... Oh yeah, and my freezer stash of breast milk? It's all gone now. Once breastmilk is contaminated with saliva, you'll have to throw it out after a couple of hours. Jasmine hasn't been finishing her bottles so alot is going down the drain, sad.

Jasmine is definitely teething; I can see a white thing on her bottom gums. I can't wait until her little tooth erupts out. And hopefully this will all be over?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh noooooooo. I am not looking forward to that!

Karen said...

hey vivian,
I found this link regarding baby sleep tips.
http://www.babycenter.ca/baby/sleep/habitsbyage6to9months/

Hope she and you are doing better