Saturday, July 26, 2008

Stuff Happens

It's one of those days when stuff happens.

We wanted to visit the Firehall Library for Babytime session (sing songs and play games) at 2pm. So when Jasmine just woke up from her nap, we needed to get ready to go.
Jasmine was crying so I picked her up, fed her, changed her diaper and she was still crying. It was odd, Jasmine didn't want to move her left arm. Every time I moved her arm, she would whimper but if I left her arm alone, she didn't seem to be in pain. I didn't know what was wrong so I took her to the clinic for a quick check-up.

As it turns out, Jasmine had a "nursemaid elbow", where the elbow bones are partially pulled out of a joint and did not align properly (ligament that goes around the radius bone has slipped out of position). No, I did not dislocate her elbow and no, I don't know how it happened. The doctor "popped" it back in easily though. He asked me a bunch of questions:

"Did you drop her?" "No."
"Did you yank on her arm hard?" "Uh, no."
"How did this happen?" "Um, I don't know."

Then the doc scribbled some stuff into Jasmine's chart. I just hope that he doesn't think that I am abusing Jasmine... I feel terrible that Jasmine was in pain and have no idea how her elbow got that way. I hope I don't get blamed for this. Anyways, we left the clinic and went on our way.

We arrived at the library just in time and found free parking around the corner. I felt lucky to find parking so easy in the Broadway area. We spent an enjoyable 45 minutes singing and playing with other Mom's and babies. After that, I walked back to the car. As I approached my car, there were only 3 cars left on the street (2 on my block and 1 car one block behind me). There were also 2 tow trucks, waiting to tow our cars. I checked the signs on the street - no parking from 3pm-6pm! Yikes, I had no idea and I am soooooo glad I left the library when I did. Just 5 more minutes and I would have had to take the bus home.

Although nothing major happened today, I feel that luck is on my side. I passed by a convenience store and saw the 649 jackpot on Saturday is $16 million so I purchased a ticket. Maybe you are reading a future millionaire's blog right now. Now wouldn't it be nice if that came true???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vivian,that was very strange.Jasmine through her forceful rolling on the crib "injured herself".It was nice that the doctor could just snapped her joints back to normal and no more pain.I wish my bone could snap back just as easily like that.Did you win a small suim of money?It is very convenient to have clinics every where in town to ease up the hospital beds.Good luck,Vivian and Jasmine. shillion

leungv999 said...

Hi Dad,

I hope that you and Mom don't get into any accidents at all. They get fragile as we age. See you soon! Vivian