Thursday, March 20, 2008

4 Months - Visiting the Doctor

Because of the Easter weekend, we brought Jasmine in for her 4 month check-up early. We were expecting the usual exams, head size, length, weight and of course, her dose of immunization shots. We have our Children's Tylenol on hand already...

(From Jasmine): I woke up this morning with Mummy lifting me up out of bed. I was thinking, what is she doing? I'm still sleepy. Let me sleep, LET ME SLEEP! Grumble, grumble. Then she plopped me onto her bed. I like Mummy's bed, it's so soft and big. Mummy scribbled something on a piece of paper and was making funny faces and dangling toys in front of me. Don't know what she was trying to do. And then something flashed in my eyes and I was blinded for a second.

Then Mummy dressed me in clothes and Daddy put me into the car seat. Ok, where are we going so early? Apparently, we are going to see the doctor; I like seeing the doctor. She always plays with me. Once we got to the doctor's office, Mummy took off all my clothes and the doctor wiggled my arms and legs, shined a light into my eyes and listened to my heart. She says I look fine for a 4 month old. Yay! And suddenly, I felt these sharp things in my legs...OW! They gave me 3 shots this time around, but it wasn't so bad. I didn't get a fever either so Mummy was happy about that. I weigh 12 lbs now.

No comments: