Thursday, July 7, 2016

Phantom Microwave

The strangest thing happened to our new-ish microwave today.  It's only a couple of years old!  So I don't expect it to break down so fast.  Anyways, I put some soup into the microwave to heat up and when I opened microwave door, this is what happened:



The microwave turned on!  What?????   Um, ok.  I wanted to unplug the microwave and see if that would make a difference but the plug is behind the microwave.  So that means, that my soup is going to spill over when I reach for the plug and I don't like mess so....   I opened the microwave door, put my hand in (while the microwave was on) and took the soup out.  Um, uh, I think i just nuked my hand!!!  Ack!

I totally didn't think about that.  Anyways, I pulled the microwave out, unplugged it, plugged it back in and opened the microwave door again.  Same thing.  It turned on.  So I left it unplugged until R came home.

After the incident, I could feel my hand tingling on the inside.  My skin was fine to the touch by the inside of my hand felt weird.  Did I really cook my hand???

No comments: