Sunday, July 24, 2016

Botanical Gardens Greenheart Treewalk


Today we visited the UBC Botanical Gardens, to try out their brand new Greenheart Treewalk.  They had a Groupon deal for $23 for a family of 4 (daidai was free).

I didn't really think about it too much and thought it would be neat to walk up into the trees with the kids.  Until I realized that Daidai was afraid of heights and clung to my leg.  I couldn't walk.  I tried to carry him but that takes both arms since he is now 32lbs.  And when I carry him, I can't walk either because the treewalk swings back and forth making me fall over.

To make the story short, Rich stayed behind with Daidai and waited for us at the end.  The 2 girls and I finished the tree tour in about 30 minutes.  Rich then did the treewalk tour with Jas again while I walked Daidai and Jules at the bottom.

It was super hot that day so it was nice to be under the trees with alot of shade.  All in all, for the price, it was a good touristy thing to do in town.








1 comment:

Honey Didi Loving Family said...

Looks fun! We'll try it sometime. Wow, dai dai is 32 lbs? Boo's only 36.6. He's catching up to cuz Boo.