Thursday, September 30, 2010

First Tooth Finally Out

Julia has been showing teething symptoms since she turned 5 months. She was drooling on everything and shoving all objects into her mouth. Basically she would pick something up with her pudgy fingers and then it goes directly into her mouth. Jasmine never did this (Jasmine didn't like putting things into her mouth). Maybe because we had her hands in little mitts all the time, due to her eczema (so we covered her hands with mitts).

Anyways, right now, we are changing Julia's bib every hour because her drool is causing her to have a face rash. Her poor cheeks. It's very red, not quite angry but if we don't constantly change her bib or put cream on her face, I'm sure it would turn very bad.

Finally this morning when I was wiping Julia's bottom gums, I can feel her tiny tooth erupted through. Hooray! At least it should make Julia feel a bit better. She is still constantly drooling though so I have a feeling her second tooth is on the way and about to come out as well. We are using Hylands teething tablets as well as baby Tylenol. People have recommended Motrin instead so I'll look into that.

I originally thought that she had 1 tooth on the bottom side because there was a white spec that poked through but that white spec has mysteriously disappeared now. At that time, the doctor had ran fingers along Julia's gums and confirmed that it was a tooth! So I don't know what happened there. I'll have to do some investigation.

Currently, Julia is super moody, doesn't want to play, doesn't want to sleep and doesn't want to feed either. She's just a ball of grouch. Not nice to be around her. Too bad for Mommy though, I have to be there to carry her around...

No comments: