Friday, June 25, 2010

Feeding Only 3 times today - Nursing Strike

Just had a very stressful day today. Julia is on a nursing strike and refusing to feed again. She only breastfed 3 times today from 6am-7pm. She ate at 6am, then at 2pm and then at 6:30pm before sleeping at 7pm. She usually feeds 5 times, sometimes more. I offered her milk several times but she absolutely refused to latch onto the breast. She would scream, arch her back and cry her head off. She would rather suck on her fingers and that's it.

I don't know what is going on. How can she possibly be not hungry after sleeping 6 hours at night and then feeding only 3 times during the day? I know I'd be starving, or even thirsty. Nope, but not Julia. I guess if she is really hungry enough, she would cry to let me know.

Too bad she is waking 3 or 4 times at night to catch up on her calories she missed during the day. This is kelling me. I'm just worried about her weight and growth. I hope she doesn't lose any weight. Sigh, tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Julia, Julia! Be nice to your mum!
Night time is for sleeping. Daytime is for eating.

Thanks for coming to the bbq. It was great to see you all.

leungv999 said...

I think you gave me good luck, because Julia actually nursed at your house, to nap. It's bad to nurse her to sleep but at the least, she is nursing! The nursing strike is over, phewf.