Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby #2 Belly pics

I've just taken my third picture of my belly in this pregnancy. Big difference in the 3 pics, considering they are about 10 weeks apart each (2.5 months apart).

When I was pregnant the first time around, I used to spend hours and hours on the internet, searching for information about the fetus, how it is growing each week, things that I should worry about. I used to take monthly pics of my belly, showing how the baby bump grew slowly. But not this time. For some reason, it always feels like there is no time.

When I was working full-time, by the time we put Jasmine to sleep, it's already 8:30pm. Then we eat dinner, relax a bit before taking a shower and off to bed we go. So we end up getting maybe 3 hours to relax at night? Maybe I'm just using that as an excuse.

Here is a comparison pic of my first pregnancy when I was 36 weeks and now, when I am 38 weeks. See all those stretch marks I have now? So sad. I must be doing something wrong, as I didn't have any stretch marks the first time around. Or maybe my skin is protesting and doesn't want to stretch like that again?



2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! There is a definite difference in the belly size. I find that I look 1 month bigger compared to my first pregnacy. Unfortunately I already have stretch marks from the first and expect more as I go along for my second. :(

leungv999 said...

Thanks Karen. We women have to sacrifice so much for a family... looks, body image, career. But it's all worth it, right?