Tuesday, May 26, 2009

UV Hat

At the end of th day, if Jasmine finishes dinner fast enough, we have time to go to the park for a walk. Since it is getting close to summer, I always put a hat on her (hoping it becomes a habit). I am very conscious of the sun and the damaging effects it has on skin.

I bought Jasmine a new purple hat, the size was meant to be a bit bigger so she can grow into it. She hates wearing hats so we end up spending 10 minutes putting the hat on, she takes it off, putting it back on, she takes it off. And on and on it goes until she finally gives up and leaves the hat on. Of course, she picks a fight first before giving up.

On Sunday, we went to the park where she threw rocks on the slide, shoved a pebble into her mouth, then I pryed her mouth open to get it out, where she bit me so hard that her teeth marks were still on my finger after we got home... it was fun. Joy.

When we washed Jasmine's hands at the park, her brand new hat accidentally fell into the sink in the bathroom. That's an automatic wash for the hat (don't know what germs are lurking there). And wouldn't you know it, I forget to hang dry the hat and now the brand new hat is a X-small hat.

Below is a pic of Jasmine in her tiny hat. I guess it gives me an excuse to buy another UPF50+ hat for her.


No comments: