Sunday, April 19, 2009

Beginning of Tantrums

My patience was being tested today. I hate to say this, but Jasmine has learned that she can get what she wants by throwing tantrums. With so many adults around, there is bound to be someone who wants to pick her up when she cries. I lost count after 5 crying sessions.

If Jasmine wanted something, she would point to it and make a "unnn" sound. If you don't go get it or do it whatever it is she wants (pick her up), then she would arch her back and start crying. The crying sessions can last for a good 10 minutes (usually less).

Problem with handling these situations is that I really don't know if she is throwing a tantrum or not. She could be sleepy or hungry or dirty diaper. I still have to GUESS at what she wants. I'm looking forward to when Jasmine can speak to us about her wishes.

No comments: