Sunday, February 15, 2009

No, I'm not Jealous

We went to visit two couples who had babies recently. We first visited John and Cherl, and their son, Benjamin who is 3 weeks old. He was only 7 lbs. Oh so tiny. I can't remember newborns being so small but I guess they have to be in order to fit in our tummies. Oh so precious.

And then we visited Gerry and Nina, and their son, Jonathan. Jonathan is much bigger though - at 2 months, he was 13 lbs! Jasmine was only 14 pounds at 6 months so it seems he was gaining weight really quickly.

During the time when we were visiting, I was trying to see Jasmine's reaction when I held another baby in my arms. And what was the outcome? Beeps doesn't care. She was not jealous one bit. She was walking around and pointing at the fishies, playing with all the toys and looking out the window. Maybe there was so much distraction around, she didn't notice. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing, but at the least, it seems she won't try to get my attention when I have #2 on the way.

No comments: