Friday, October 28, 2016

Trip - Taiwan Day 1 - Taipei

I woke up early this morning to go downstairs and find breakfast for everyone before our driver showed up.  There was a 7-11 a block away that sells drinks, snacks, bread, noodles...  I specifically looked for rice milk for the kids to drink and found brown rice milk.  Terrific!  So I grabbed 3 of them along with some noodles and bread.


I got home and proceeded to feed everyone.  Jules and Josh drank their rice milk happily.  Jas took one tiny sip and said "there's peanut in this."  I'm thinking, no way.  I look at the container and sure enough, peanuts is 3rd on the list.  Who the heck puts peanuts into brown rice milk?  Geez????

Anyways, I gave the girls Benadryl immediately.  Jas starts to throw up and keeps on throwing up for the entire day.  I asked the driver how far the hospital was and it was less than 10 mins away.  Super.  I tried to get Jules to throw up as well, since she drank the entire cup of it but she couldn't do it.  In the end, she turned out fine.  So maybe she is outgrowing the peanut allergy?  Not sure.  We monitored the kids carefully all day.

We managed to visit the following places today in Taipei:
- Longshan Temple





- Presidential Palace (couldn't go inside that day)


- Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall (it was scorching hot that we couldn't walk all the way up the stairs.  Way too hot, even with umbrella and hat.)





- Taipei 101 (unfortunately, it was super cloudy that day so there wasn't much of a view)







 - Lin An Tai Mansion (closed at 4pm so we had only 15mins to look around)




We had dinner plans with my friend Leo and his family at Shin Yeh.  It was so nice to see him again after 10 years?  He's now a family man with 2 kiddies.  Our driver dropped us off at the end of the day so we had to take the subway home from the restaurant. What an exciting day!



No comments: