Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Plagiocephaly - flat head?


In early December, I noticed that Josh's head seemed a little flat on the back of his head.  I don't know, maybe it's just me.  But his head is not round at all.  The back of his head looks like it drops off a cliff (see pic).  I've been repositioning his head every time he naps and sleeps at night, to ensure he is looking left.  He definitely prefers sleeping on his right side and his head shape tells that too.

I chatted with the doc today (he's still sick so could not have his shots done) about his head but she didn't seem concerned at all.  We will monitor this and see if the repositioning makes any progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to take a picture by looking down from the top of his head to notice the misshaped. Both my kids had plagiocephaly...I think it's pretty normal unless they sleep on their tummy which K did so his head is better shape than hers.