Monday, September 16, 2013

Exclusively Pumping - Bottle Feeding

We are still working at breastfeeding, going in and out of the breast feeding clinic, pumping and bottle feeding milk. It seems it's just not meant to be.  Josh can't latch and has a weak suck.  The routine takes about an hour and 15 minutes every 2 hours and we do this 24 hours a day.  So tiring.  Because of this, we've decided to bottle feed breast milk instead.  Josh doesn't mind and seems much calmer and happier too.

I already miss the close feeling of having him on my chest but watching him grow is more important.  We took a pic of him successfully latching.


I've been tracking the amount of milk I'm pumping, as I don't want to use formula.  These are the daily amounts for the weeks post partum:

1 week pp - 12oz
2 weeks pp - 20oz
4 weeks pp - 34oz

Currently, Joshua is drinking around 32oz each day (piggy!) so I'm making just enough.  Hoping I will keep up with his intake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope both you and Joshua get more rest!

Karen said...

Whew! At least he is eating. Get more rest!