Thursday, July 26, 2012

Where is she? 9-1-1 Again?

I woke up this morning, hearing Jas babbling outside. She doesn't usually wake up earlier than I do but today she did. She was talking to someone. Weird. I got up, went into her room and she wasn't in bed. I walked to the living room and I see her lying on the couch. She was holding a blackberry, an actual blackberry that works but isn't activated.  

I told Jas to go back into her room. She walked into her room while I went into the kitchen for some water. I can hear Jas babbling again so I went into her room and she wasn't in bed. This time, she was hiding in the closet. Again, holding the blackberry. I told her to get into bed and she did.

I started brushing my teeth. I can hear Jas babbling again. But this time, I can also hear some one else talking. What is going on? I walk into the hallway and Jas starts mumbling " I'm sorry Mommy, I'm sorry." I can hear a man talking in the blackberry. I grab the blackberry and the man says, "Hello, this is 9-1-1 operator. Do you need any assistance?" Eeek. Jas had dialed 9-1-1!

I apologized and told the operator that everything is ok, then hung up. By this time, Jas was sitting in the kitchen table, crying. I didn't have to say anything as she already knew she did something wrong. Too bad I had to leave the house right away so I left it to Dad to give Jas a pep talk. Apparently, I found out afterwards that the daycare had a fire drill a few days before and they taught all the kids the emergency phone number.

No comments: