Monday, October 4, 2010

Rolling Both Ways!


I've waited for this day to come since... last weekend. Julia can now roll both ways. Julia was rolling from her back to her tummy but not the other way around until today. Hooray! What a relief, because I no longer (less often anyways) have to dash into her room to turn her onto her back every few minutes. That was so, so, so, so much work. Sigh. I can at least enjoy my sleep slightly more now.

It's pretty cute the way she does it. When Julia is on her belly, she lifts her leg upwards to push off of the floor, then lifts both arms straight up above her head, and arches her back, then FLOP. She's back onto her back. She does it in a very S-L-O-W motion though, like a turtle. I'll have to see if I can get it on video. Will post if I get it.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thank goodness! Hopefully she will sleep through the night now

Karen said...

I have been reviewing your blog to find out when Julia started rolling both ways. Benjamin still rolls from back to front and then is stuck. I totally understand the driving me crazy having to flip them back over. He is 6 months today. Hopefully he figures it out soon.