Saturday, March 21, 2009

Poke, Poke, Poke again

Jasmine probably thought that she had the worst day of her life today. After going to her allergist and finding out that she may potentially be fatally allergic to eggs and peanuts, she was ordered to have some blood tests done to confirm the allergies. After 3 weeks, we finally took Jasmine to get the blood tests done.

Jasmine had a terrible time. She practically cried for 30 minutes straight, with me and Richard trying to restrain her. She is definitely a fighter, kicking and squirming and moving around. Being a young 16 month old, her veins are hard to find. The nurses poked her left arm, blood started going and then it stopped. Then they poked her right arm and blood started going, then stopped. They tried to find a large enough vein to poke again but couldn't. The last resort was to poke her 4th finger on her left hand, and that finger bled fine. Phewf. What a horrific experience.

I don't think I could withstand listening to Jasmine cry much longer (my tears swelling in my eyes). I guess Jasmine was tired out from that, as she fell asleep in the car on our drive home. She slept so soundly that even when I moved her from the car to the house, she continued to sleep! Luckily she showed no sign of trauma when she woke from her nap - she was very cheerful and happy. What a relief.

No comments: