Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bloody Mess

Jasmine was taking a regular nap today and woke up, kinda crying but kind of moaning. It sounded like a kitten-kind of cry. Anyways, after waiting 10 minutes and listening to her moan, I went into her room to check on her. OMG - what I found was a bloody mess.

Apparently, Jasmine managed to take off the mitts that were on her hands and she scratched her neck. Scratched so badly that there was blood all over her sheets, her sleep sack, her clothes, her right hand. There was blood everywhere. Darned eczema.... I placed a large bandage on Jasmine's neck, in case she tries to scratch her neck again. It's hard to control those tiny hands and fingers; she doesn't know what she is doing.

I remember a time (about a month ago) when I was washing dishes and I put Jasmine on the carpet with some toys. She started shrieking so I turned around to see what was going on. Jasmine was pulling on her own hair and was crying hysterically. She didn't know how to let go of her hair... So there she was, pulling on her own hair, and it hurt so she was crying. She was crying and crying. Silly girl, when will you learn?

1 comment:

Shillion Leung said...

Vivian,you could send movies or slide shows to me to my new gmail account.The picture with Richard holding Jasmine at the Victoria Day parade is really good.Save some of the pictures for Jasmine to watch when she gets older.I am glad she sleeps 6 hours straight now.This is a good preparation for you to go to work soon.You better clip her nail more often so she would not be able to scratch herself to bleeding.Take care! Bye! Dad