Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sleep Regression - 4 Month at 19 weeks

Has anyone heard of the 4 month regression stage for babies? What's up with that?

Jasmine was a pretty good sleeper from 2 weeks until about the 4th month. She could sleep for 5-6 hours at a stretch at night. Then suddenly, her sleeping habits went out thru the door; she is waking up every 1.5-2 hours to feed. And even for naps, she sleeps about 45 minutes and then gets up, but only gets tired again and then wants to nap again. She ends up having 5 or 6 naps throughout the day. I can't even think about doing chores or getting some shut-eye myself, knowing that she will be awake in less than an hour.

This has been going on for the past 3 weeks...yawn... The sleeping gods are looking down and laughing at me.

Apparently, there are growth spurts at 5, 8, 11, 19, 26, 37, 46 and 55 weeks. Jasmine just hit the 19th week mark, which corresponds to one of the worst spurts (next to the 37th week one (8 months)). Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it except wait for these spurts to pass and deal with them as they come. I know that many other Moms are experiencing the same thing so I don't feel too bad.

As Jasmine hits her 5th month (next Monday), hoping this will pass soon....fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Karen said...

oh man! You're scaring me now.
I love my sleep!
Sigh.