Tuesday, April 22, 2008

5 Months - Bottle again!

Jasmine turned 5 months and now weighs in just over 13 pounds. She has been gaining weight since birth but her growth has slowed down. The doctor informs that there is nothing to worry about, as Jasmine may have inherited my genes (slim shape). I'll take that as a compliment (thank you very much), but I prefer my baby a little chubbier if possible.














Since the doctor thinks we should carry on as normal and not do anything different, I wanted to find out how much milk Jasmine is taking in each day. So we tried putting Jasmine on the bottle once again. We had a difficult weekend ahead...

Actually, Richard did all the work. Because I carry the milk around with me, Jasmine can smell me and most likely not take the bottle from me at all. So, while Richard stayed at home feeding Jasmine the bottle, I went out for a 2-hour massage. Aaaaahhhhh, now that's how motherhood should be....

By the time I got home, Jasmine was able to use the bottle. That is, after starving herself for 12 whole hours. That's one stubborn baby. I guess she really, really likes the real thing. Here is Richard successfully feeding Jasmine now. What a good Daddy Tweet.

We are currently alternating breastfeeding and bottle feeding each day. Oh yeah, and Jasmine is back to sleeping 6 hours straight each night now - phewf!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love that Richard is feeding her.
I'll definitely get Shawn to do that so I can do the massage too!

leungv999 said...

Oh YEAH, definitely go for that massage. You so totally deserve it, carrying the baby for 9 months and all. Get Shawn to do as much as possible right after the baby is born. That's when he'll want to connect with the baby and he'll want to help out.