Monday, March 28, 2016

Victoria Fun - Girls Trip


It was Easter weekend and I had 2 stat holidays off from work and the girls also didn't have to go to school so we thought it'd be a perfect getaway to visit Victoria.  R had to work so he couldn't come along and I wasn't about to take all 3 kids on my own.  So it was just me and the girls.  

On the way to the ferry terminal, I thought I timed everything perfectly...until I found R's cell phone in the car!  So that meant that I had to drive all the way back home to deliver this cell phone to the owner and then restart the trip again. Wasted about 15 minutes.  And because of that, we missed the 4pm ferry.  Boo.


Luckily there were sailings every hour so we didn't have to wait long.  The ferry was not busy at all so the girls ran around in the play area as they pleased.  By the time we got over to Win's place, it was almost bed time so we did the bedtime routine and they were in bed by 9:30pm.  YJ, Win and I spent the rest of the evening yapping and drinking wine.  I spilled wine all over my shirt and didn't bother cleaning it since it was a sleeping shirt (guess what though?  The shirt came out completely clean after a normal wash!).

The next morning, Auntie Win took K, J and J to the park nearby.  It was so sunny but so COLD...brrrrr.  All 3 kids had a great time soaking up the sun.  Uncle YJ cooked a healthy congee for lunch.  We couldn't go out to eat since the girls had all these food allergies.  Thanks YJ for cooking!  


After lunch we met up with Gong Gong and Po Po for a small bite to eat at Wendys. Technically we just hung out.  We also visited Great Po Po at the cemetery on the way to the ferry terminal.  We were slow to go and missed the ferry so bought fruit smoothies from McDs to enjoy while we waited.  It was a terrific trip.


No comments: