Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Vegas - Day 5 Shopping and Ka Cirque De Soleil

Today is the last full day before going home tomorrow. Since we've pretty much exhausted ourselves with sightseeing, we decided to go shopping, have a nice dinner and then see the Cirque de Soliel show "Ka".

We went shopping at the Northern Outlets. We spent a good 5 hours shopping. A lot of the shops were similar to the Southern Outlets so we didn't buy alot for ourselves, however, I could not believe there were clothes for the girls at $3 a piece at Carters so I spent a fortune there. Great deal.

We decided long ago that we wanted to have a nice dinner at one of the better restaurants in Vegas and we chose the restaurant Envy. It had great reviews online and it wasn't too far away (we had a car anyways). Plus we bought a $75 gift certificate which can be used towards a dinner over $150 so it was going to be great...so we thought.

We made our way to Envy (inside the Renaissance hote) and found parking easily. When we got inside the hotel, it seemed really quiet. Maybe 2 people at the reception desk and then in the far right corner, was the restaurant. Maybe it was early? I don't know but there was only 1 other table that we saw eating. Anyways, we sat down and the waiter served us water while we looked at our menu. The price of a steak, with nothing else on the plate, was $50! Better be good steak I was thinking. Each of us ordered an appetizer, a steak and we shared a strawberry cheesecake.

For appetizers, we had crab cakes, and a calimari with rock shrimp. They were a good size and they were tasty. But unfortunately, I can't say the same about the entrees. I ordered a filet mignon and R ordered a new york strip with vegetable sides. The steaks were burnt on the outside and it wasn't as tender as it should have been. I thought the Keg had better quality steaks. And at $50 a pop, I didn't think this restaurant was up to par as the reviews say.

Because this dinner was to celebrate my birthday, we ordered a cheese cake, which was ok. How can you mess up a cheesecake at a restaurant? With the tax and tip, the bill was over $200, which wasn't worth it in my mind. Maybe the chef just had a bad day, who knows? Won't be going there ever again.



After dinner, we headed over to the MGM hotel for our free Ka Show. Yep, free. The tickets were included in our Monte Carlo hotel reservation. Deal! We had great seats too. Too bad R fell asleep during the show (tired from gambling late at night). I'm just happy he didn't start snoring at the show!

1 comment:

Karen said...

What is it with guys able to sleep through anything?! I wouldn't have been able to sleep through that. Nor would I have wanted to. I would love to see Ka.